Thursday, September 22, 2011

Separation Anxiety.

(This isn't my machine! But I do wish it was. Image found here and here)


To be honest, I really didn’t know how I would go without my sewing machine. But it’s funny how you can find a gazillion things that need to be done. Most of the times though there is another gazillion things that just need a little bit here sewn, or this bit fixed up that you can’t work on. So that’s a bit frustrating.

Right after my machine left I said to Grant. “I don’t know what to do…all I want to do is sew!” He responded with “that’s because all you do is sew.” * So it’s no wonder I feel lost without my sewing machine. **

Surprisingly though I have managed to keep busy. Cutting out another dress trying to refine the pattern, photographing long overdue new bags, starting my Christmas shopping, working on another DIY post and working on my first quilt. I don’t think it’s been bad so far, but I definitely wouldn’t wish to be without my machine for more than I need!



*I actually do other things too. Like taking photos, thinking of things I can sew and other boring housework-y things.

**It’s not the end of the world. There are worst things. So I keep telling myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment