Thursday, September 1, 2011

Monthly Books!

Okay, so in the last monthly books post I talked about wanting to read at least three books in August? Well, I actually did it! And not like I hurriedly finished a book last night, no I finished the third book probably a week ago! (So I could have easily started a new one, but I haven't yet.) 


This month I read:



I can't remember where I got this book, but it has been staring me down from the bookshelf for a while, so I thought I might as well read it. It was hard to get into, but once I was there I wanted to keep reading! It was written in the early 1960's so the facts were outdated, but it was definitely interesting! 



This was a very lucky op shop find. I was in my favourite op shop and I don't normally look at the books (I don't know why?) and this was sitting on the top of the bookshelf. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to buy it and at only $2 it was a bargain! It didn't take me long to read, and I remember studying some of the paintings in art in year 12. 



This book was recommended by Grant's mum, and it was awesome! They have just moved back from Saudi Arabia to Australia. I never thought to explore their bookshelf, but I'm glad I did and read this book! It was not at all what I expected. I started the book and immediately wanted to finish it in the same sitting. (I didn't though, but it's nice to be that into a book!) 


Lets see if I can read another three books in September! 



No comments:

Post a Comment